The NHRF actively participates in national and international networks for professional competence and experience exchange, and in order to connect local human rights defenders to national and international actors. Through these networks, the NHRF provides professional input to decision makers, especially regarding the work for protection of human rights defenders at risk.
Through its owner organisations, the NHRF has access to a number of resource persons in Norway and abroad with expertise within human rights and country specific contexts.
Furthermore, the NHRF engages with Norwegian and other diplomatic missions abroad, and with UN Special Procedures such as the Special Rapporteur on the situation of Human Rights Defenders. The NHRF meets regularly with other Nordic donors and works closely with the International Human Rights Funders Group (IHRFG).
In addition, the NHRF is currently active in the following networks:
- Norwegian NGO Forum for Human Rights
- Norwegian Colombia Forum
- Norwegian Forum for Central America
- Norwegian Forum 1325 on Women, Peace and Security
- Norwegian Dalit Solidarity Network
- OIDHACO (Colombia)
- Berkeley Law's International Human Rights Law Clinic
- Espacio de Cooperación para la Paz (Colombia)